Removal of old projects from fedorahosted.

Brett Lentz wakko666 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 01:57:38 UTC 2008

This would help prevent having more stable projects up on the chopping block
every six months simply because they haven't done anything recently.

Obviously, each time this comes up, fedora-admin will gradually collect this
information anyway just by virtue of having the discussion of whom to
delete.

However, it doesn't make sense to me to discard this information each time
the current discussion ends. It also doesn't makes sense to continually
rehash this same discussion over the same projects every six months if
everyone suddenly forgets that the foo project is a stable app that doesn't
see many updates because it "just works." Or, more plausibly, whenever we
have a new member that asks "what about project foo? Why doesn't it get
deleted?"

It seems like it would be better to just have a more robust process and
encourage project state information to be better documented for future
discussions and future admins.

It's also entirely possible that I'm over-thinking the issue. :-)

---Brett.