Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 18:45:46 UTC 2008

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:13:32PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> I don't know.  It doesn't really matter though.  See the part of my email
>>> that you cut off in your reply.
>> I think it does matter. If new meetings for Fedora is being organized,
>> invitations MUST be send publicly. I would want to know who is
>> organizing it, where it was held, which date and time, whether others
>> are attending etc. If it is a IRC meeting, where are the logs? You said
>> you are sure the meeting was public. Why do you think that?
>
> I was wrong in thinking it was public.  It was a phone call, not an IRC
> meeting.  Still does not matter, and you still apparently haven't read the
> second part of my original reply.

I have. My point still stands. If a new Fedora meeting is being held, it
should not planned and organized as a secret. It should be announced
ahead of time in public so interested people can participate. Even if
you don't want others to participate, you can still organize it
publicly. The fact that the people someone decided to pick on their own
in private, can pull in others doesn't change this.

Rahul