rpm-4.6.x & friends for RHEL5 (was: hosts for rawhide build chroots - different rpm versions?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 14 19:14:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 01:15:21PM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:53:09AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> >>
> >> we are running a version of rpm 4.6.0 on rhel5.  This is only so mock can
> >> populate chroots with rpms with stronger hashes rhel5's rpm doesnt support.
> >> All srpm creation now takes place in chroots so features of the target rpm are
> >> always available.
> >
> > Thanks for the explanation, Dennis. Can I get these tailored rpm rpms
> > from somewhere? I just tried rebuilding rpm from rawhide on RHEL5 and
> > the dependencies look endless.
>
> http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/

Thanks, I guess it's
http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/builder-rpms/

It's missing popt builds, but these were easy to rebuild from
Fedora. I just metion it in case a) I'm pulling the wrong bits, b)
someone else wants to use RHEL5 hosts with F11 roots.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net