metalink doesn't match

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 20 15:23:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 21:12 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Did you 'yum clean all' before testing this?

 This will never help. The error very likely means that MM hasn't picked
up that a new repomd.xml has arrived ... but that repomd.xml has hit all
the mirrors. Thus. the only available repodata is invalid.
 If you have older cached repodata, then instead of:

> > Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> > repository: rawhide. Please verify its path and try again

 It should revert to the old version and continue to work (so clean is
actively harmful here).

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
"I'd just like to see a realistic approach to updates via
 packages." -- Les Mikesell