Preventing ctrl-c from blocking CVS commit messages

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 23 20:30:25 UTC 2009

Hey, I'm currently testing a solution for the problem where one can
prevent CVS commit mail from going out by pressing ctrl-c during the
commit.

To do this, I built a version of CVS with signal handling disabled and
made a wrapper script for cvs server that traps SIGINT and some other
things.

I'd appreciate if people can test and try to abuse/break this setup :-),
so I have a test repo setup.  To test this, you need to be in
sysadmin-test:

1. Prepend your ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file on
publictest10.fedoraproject.org with:

command="/home/fedora/ricky/test.sh",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,no-pty

(make sure not to accidentally lock yourself out with this)

2. Checkout the test module with:
cvs -d :ext:username at publictest10.fedoraproject.org/home/fedora/ricky/repo co test

3. Try to make a commit without it getting logged in
/home/fedora/ricky/repo/CVSROOT/commitlog

Feel free to try clever/evil things to test this out.

Thanks,
Ricky