sphinx as search solution?

jose manimala josemanimala at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:36:35 UTC 2009

Hey Ian,
            I had a crack at it on the pt10 machine... but its  a little bit
on the heavier side uses a lot of resources... I have been running some
tests with HT:dig and lucene... Ht dig hung up the test machine while
indexing... :)

Jose

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org> wrote:

> Here's a search engine solution[1] that doesn't run on Java and has a
> MediaWiki plugin[2]. Please take a look at let me know what you think
> with regards to using it for Fedora Infra's purposes.
>
> [1] http://www.sphinxsearch.com/
> [2]
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mediawiki/wiki/Extension:SphinxSearch
>
> --
> Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>
> GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Jose M Manimala
http://www.jmmblog.in.eu.org
Ph: +919790824111
GPGkeyID: F5DD9656