Mailing list migration procedures

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:52:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Rahul
Sundaram<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Have you thought whether a reorganization is desirable while migrating?

Yes, note the section in the document about renaming lists.  I wasn't
very verbose in there about why you'd want to do that, maybe I was in
an earlier draft :). But the words 'fedora' and 'list' should never
appear in the list name - it's obvious that it's a list from the
domain name (lists.fp.o), as well as it has to do with Fedora (neither
of these were true of the lists @redhat.com).

The two examples that you cited above would be renamed perl-devel and
java-devel, at least that's what makes sense to me.