Handling Undeliverable mail messages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:02:09 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009 12:43 AM, Brennan Ashton wrote:

> This might be slightly off the topic, but I think it relates to the
> reported issue in the bounced email.  I have been noticing that when I
> run this script:
>
> from bugzilla import Bugzilla
> from fedora.client import AccountSystem
>
> url = 'https://bugzilla.redhat.com/xmlrpc.cgi'
> fasUsername =  #replace with real values
> fasPassword =  #replace with real values
> bz = Bugzilla(url=url)
> fas = AccountSystem(username=fasUsername,password=fasPassword)
> emails = [elem['bugzilla_email'] for elem in
> fas.people_by_groupname('triagers')]
> triagers = []
> for email in emails:
>     try:
>         name = triagers.append(bz._proxy.User.get({'names':[email],'include_fields':['real_name']}))
>     except:
>         print email + " not found"
>
> That somehow some people have bug privileges in FAS and in there BZ
> account but the two can no longer be connected.

This isn't supposed to happen but the coupling between FAS and bugzilla
is loose enough that I can see where a bug could let it happen.  There's
logic in FAS to add a user to a special table, bugzilla_queue if they
belong to the fedorabugs group and their email address changes.  It's
supposed to remove the fedora_contrib permissions from the old email and
add them to the new one.  There could be a breakdown either in adding to
the bugzilla_queue table or in the cron job that processes that table
(export_bugzilla).

Note that at one time triagers were manually added to fedora_bugs.  This
isn't a remnant of that, is it?

-Toshio