Calendaring system?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 22:01:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 21:53 +0000, Simon Birtwistle wrote:
> There are a few Calendar modules for Zikula (the CMS I'm setting up to run
> docs.fp.o) that might suit your needs - worth considering in the longer term
> should the CMS prove to be a success?

I'll take a look, thanks for the pointer. The needs for us are, I think,
pretty simple. It needs to work as a simple calendaring system - you can
just use it as a calendar, nothing more, nothing less, if you don't want
anything else - into which you can do all the usual calendar stuff,
schedule events. The only other significant requirement for me is that
it support CalDAV, because it's important to allow people to access it
through other clients and calendar systems so that it doesn't become yet
another damn thing they have to look at separately. I would be accessing
the calendar from Evolution, for e.g., along with my personal calendar
and other shared calendars I have going.
--
adamw