Calendaring system?

Matthew ... soimafreak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:35:10 UTC 2009

To clarify what I was after, if you look at the following link:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Herlo/Fedora_Calendar_Project_Desired_Features_(Draft)#Solution_requirements

Which has no "must have" requirements and no "Should have" requirements.

>From reading through this email thread it is clear that not just "any"
calendar solution will do.

Before seeing if the list of calendars on the page meet the requirements it
would be helpful to know what the requirements are so each calendar solution
could be evaluated fairly.

I appreciate that it may not be known what exactly is required but at the
least you have some things highlighted here...

It must be able to store events, recurring events, send out reminders, allow
people to plug it in to their mail client, allow it to be viewed from a web
page, support CalDav / iCalendar etc etc

With these requirements listed it would be easier and fairer to evaluate the
solution needed, I imagine then the Infrastructure team would be able to
work out the "how" to make it happen or if it is even possible to meet all
requirements, or to suggest alternatives.

Hope that helps explain what I was thinking in my head.