Is executing php scripts from fedorapeople possible?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Jan 5 05:23:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:10 PM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://susmit.fedorapeople.org/freemedia/form.php
>
> When I click on submit, it shows the code, but does not execute.
> Is there any workaround for this? Or I am missing something really easy?

fedorapeople.org isn't really meant as a general purpose hosting site,
so things like PHP and CGIs aren't allowed.  If you want to experiment
with Fedora Infrastructure related stuff you can request access to
test Xen hosts where new Fedora Infrastructure services can be
developed.

You'll need to show that you've worked most of the bugs out on a local
system first, and you're ready to move onto some more public testing.
The process is described in much more detail here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/RFR

You'll especially want to consider the language you're writing in.
PHP, while not completely verboten, is only accepted if there are
really strong reasons why something else is not acceptable.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"