Infrastructure FAD?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Jan 14 21:55:25 UTC 2009

Regarding:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-January/msg00017.html

What do people think of having an Infrastructure-related FAD (Fedora
Activity Day)? Something more along the lines of a hackfest rather
than a barcamp style thing.  Rel-Eng folks would be welcome too since
I'm sure buildsystem stuff will get discussed.

Having it in Chicago or the vicinity would be cool since Mike McGrath
and Dennis Gilmore are nearby (and I'm not that far off either).  Or
if you really wanted to get crazy we could have it in Des Moines and
I'd be willing to take care of most of the legwork.  I might even be
able to get some conference space at $DAYJOB for relatively little
cost (one bonus of this would be better-than-most-hotel wireless and
Internet).

Timewise I'm thinking a Saturday in February...

Anyway, as long as it's no further from Des Moines than Chicago I'd
make a serious attempt to attend... (It's really sucked that I haven't
been able to get to a FUDCon).

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"