change request: python-hashlib install on builders

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 06:44:48 UTC 2009

>  Since the change on fedorapeople was a success, we need to make this
> change on the builders as well.

This change did cause some fallout.

The previous yum would not consider scriptlet (like %post) errors to be
fatal.  The new yum does.  This matters because bash apparently has had
a %post failure since December, both F11 and F10 builds it seems.  Once
the new yum was in place, no buildroot for F10 or F11 could init.  This
is quite bad.

Instead of rolling back yum, I'm attempting to replace bash's %post that
was in bash, and instead writing it in native lua.  This will allow bash
to complete its %post without any external deps.  If this works, I'll
create a F10 bash for dist-f10-override so that buildroots there will
init as well.

To get the build done, I've reverted yum on ppc10 and x86-2, and
disabled every other builder.  I'll re-enable things once we're able to
reliably create buildroots.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!