AGPL compliancewith moksha

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:14:14 UTC 2009

Okay,  We've got to do some work for AGPL compliance with moksha.
First, a few restrictions that we'll have to live with until we can
figure out a legal way to do them better:

* We cannot do development work directly fedoracommunity/moksha on
staging for now.  All fedoracommunity/moksha changes must be deployed to
staging in the form of an rpm.
  * lmacken has confirmed that staging is currently deployed from rpm.
* **The same for the publictest instances**
* If legal approves of using Apache Basic Auth to fix this, we can use
that to allow use of the publictest boxes again.  Note, though, that
that approval will still restrict us (for instance, ianweller is using
pt7 to demo his fedora community stats branch.  He won't be able to demo
it to people outside of sysadmin-test with the Apache Basic Auth
solution in place).

Some things we need to code into Fedora Community:
* We need to be able to customize the footer or front page of
fedoracommunity to point to infrastructure.fedoraproject.org for the
sources and to trac for hotfixes.
  * Note that for certain uses of publictest/staging, this can work as
well.  For instance, ianweller could run his demo strictly from a git
checkout and the configuration can point people to that *specific* revision.
* Upstream moksha/fedoracommunity might want to change their default
footer/frontpage to point to the upstream tarballs as legal says the
project page isn't good enough for people running it to be compliant.

-Toshio