Fedora Project, Stack Overflow and OpenID

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 9 16:27:01 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-09 05:11:57 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
> Yes, I'd be interested in taking a look. Unfortunately my own TODO
> list is pretty full too and I don't know an awful lot about OpenID
> either, so it may take me some time to get up to speed. Maybe I could
> find a weekend to dedicate to it.
Excellent, thanks!

> Meanwhile, can you hook me up with some documentation on setting up my
> own local instance of FAS to get started with?
You can get a copy of FAS with git clone
git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fas.git.  There are some instructions for
getting a test instance setup in the README file.  The current OpenID
stuff is in fas/openid_samadhi.py.

The setup can be a bit confusing at first, so let me know if you have
any questions (I'm ricky in #fedora-admin on Freenode).  Alternatively,
we can also get you setup with a publictest machine with a FAS instance
to work on, if you'd like.

Thanks,
Ricky