opengroupware evaluation

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 3 10:19:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:03:22AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I'd like one of our volunteers to install opengroupware on a publictest
> server for our evaluation.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1197
>
> This is going to take between 5 and 15 hours a week.  Don't volunteer
> unless you can commit that much time to it.

I've tried to setup ogo a couple of times, and it is cumbersome
work. I also tried to package it and push it into Fedora, but that's
non-trivial, from the use of non-FHSable gnustep-make to an own
foundation library to non-compliant init scripts in sope etc. The
gnustep-make package for example needs to currently "decide" at build
time whether to support ogo or the rest of gnustep-* packages in the
review queue. :(

I dont know about sogo, I hope things have improved (at least the
binary packages' versions show updates needed for bridging the gap
between gnustep-* and ogo), and the evaluation will show the status,
but from what I've looked up recently it looks like bedework is also a
good candidate for a Fedora calendaring system.

http://www.bedework.org/bedework/

Please consider giving bedework a try as well.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net