FAS freeze

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:05:34 UTC 2009

Damian Myerscough wrote:
> Hello Toshio,
>
> I was messing with the FAS system and when I do the following:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/list?search=<?php%20echo%20"Hello%20World";%20?>
>

> I get a 500 internal error "The server encountered an unexpected
> condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request". I know no one
> would normally run this query but I wonder why it is causing a 500
> internal error, is it possible to have a look at the logs?

The error seems to be taking place inside TurboGears... I don't think we
have an opportunity to catch it although there might be either a config
option or a special decorator we could use to catch this kind of error.

The reason it causes errors is that the URL is malformed... There's more
in that string that has to be escaped.

-Toshio