Introducing: Alin Crețu

cralin at gmail.com cralin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:23:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 08:24 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, cralin at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hello Fedora Infrastructure,
> >
> > I'd like to use my first e-mail to introduce myself.
> >
> > The name is Alin Crețu, I'm 33 years old, Romanian citizen, currently living in Germany.
> >
> > I've been working/playing with Red Hat Linux since RH 5.2 and with Fedora since it's first release 10 years ago.
> >
> > For the last 9 years I was working with Linux/Unix in different production environments, from small departmental (2
> > systems) up to large enterprise (200+ Linux/Unix machines with High Availability requirements).
> >
> > Since June 2007 I'm also certified as "IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert -- IBM System p5 2006" and I can find my
> > way around BASH and ksh scripting. Also I have considerable understanding and some real life experience with large SAN
> > installations.
> >
> > I'd like to take this opportunity to give something back to Fedora by helping the Infrastructure team running the servers
> > that make the Fedora Project possible.
> >

> > As of now, I'm also looking to find a sponsor that will be willing guide my first steps towards this community.
> >

> Welcome Alin, was there a particular FIG you were interested in getting
> involved with?  Feel free to stop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net to
> say hello.
>
> 	-Mike
> _______________________________________________ Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list Fedora-infrastructure-list at redhat.com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

To be honest, at this moment I'm not really sure.

I guess it's not really important for me to be part of one FIG or the
other as it is helping out whenever/wherever I can.

Reading the descriptions of the FIGs I think I might be able to hep in
sysadmin, sysadmin-tools, sysadmin-backup and/or sysadmin-noc. However
the descriptions are somewhat short and it might take a while to get
used with the tools/procedures used in each FIG.

Suggestions are always welcomed :)