Please test our new calendering solutions.

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:11:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Simon Birtwistle <simon at zikula.org> wrote:
>> For testing purpose, I have tried out many solutions, but the two most
>> suitable contenders are
>> 1.Zikula
>> 2.Citadel

I'd like to throw in my previous email as a reference for this exact
purpose.  There was a long discussion[1] around which I already
created a list of potential calendaring solutions[2].  Of which, we
need to evaluate those as well since from what I can see, neither of
these solutions allow me to update the calendar (my personal or a
group calendar) with the caldav server type functionality.  Maybe I
missed that, but I think that's an integral part of the need for a
calendaring solution IMO.  if you follow the discussion held a while
ago, the list suggested becomes more integral to the scheduling
functionality needed in Fedora.

I'm still under the impression that we should set up test servers for
these other systems too as most (if not all) are FOSS as well and
better fit the needs of a full calendaring free/busy type solution.

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2009-February/msg00060.html
2 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Herlo/Fedora_Calendar_Project_Desired_Features_%28Draft%29