Please test our new calendering solutions.

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:54:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:41 AM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Susmit,
>>
>> with regards, I didn't understand that a GUI was an *absolute*
>> requirement.
> By Web based GUI I meant web interface. :)
> Sorry for bad choice of words.

Oh, I understood that.  :)

>>In our email discussions previously, I found that many
>> people were interested in a 'Google Calendar' like project that could
>> be used across many different applications.  The general idea I have
>> seen is that it should have both a web interface and a CalDav/iCal
>> interface.
>
> This is exactly we are desperately trying to find out, but there is no
> clear winner so far...
> Some don't have web interface, some don't have caldev support!!!!

Yeah, I completely agree.  This is of great interest to me because I
can see great opportunities for many types of networks and such.  One
application that was brought up that I like, although it's more than
just a caldav/web interface.  That application in Zimbra.  I
understand it to be exactly what we want with the exception of the
mail component.  Maybe there's a way to rip that out (or not set it
up).  Also, the licensing may be an issue, but I don't know much about
that off-hand.

Cheers,

Clint