More auth options

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Mar 30 17:57:23 UTC 2009

So doing a liitle looking around I cane across some options that look
interesting,  the following options would mean you need to physically have
something to login.

yubikey
http://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey/
It would require a pam module and for us to setup a server for managing keys.
it looks to be fairly low cost.   it would implement a 2 facter
authentication.

etoken
http://www.aladdin.com/etoken/devices/pro-usb.aspx

it moves the public key from your hard drive to something you physically need
to have

ubikey is max USD$25 where  the etoken is probably at least USD$30.  I would
think that with yubikey we could work out a deal with them to get a discount
in return for us being a case study/prominent user of there product.  all of
the software for yubikey AFAICT is open source.  some of it would require
packaging.

Dennis