An Introduction

Rino Mardo rino.mardo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:31:35 UTC 2009

Hello, my name is Ferino Mardo but you can call me Rino. I am a
network professional having been in the industry for more than 18
years. I used to be a coder (from assembler to C) but now working as a
network manager. I don't consider myself a newbie though I also don't
call myself a h4ck3r :-) but I do know my way around computers and the
Internet.

I have time available and want to contribute it to this dynamic team.
i used to do shell scripts but that part is now rusted because my
company now is using closed source softwares. As the nature of things
outside of the US, we techies don't have any specialization to speak
of. If you know a little sql command, bang!, you're the dba. but i do
know my dns (also rusty), firewalls (closed source too), WAN
management, UTP network cabling (handmade), install and maintain
server OS, do patches, and other things as needed to do the job.

Lookin at the FIG, I'm not sure which to join I hope someone can
suggest a starting point?

Am looking forward to contribute and hope to "see" you soon!

Regards,

Rino Mardo

Key fingerprint = 71E1 31C1 7CE8 9E5A 295E  36B9 8BE8 C3B5 414B FCBD