python buildbot

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Mon Nov 2 22:13:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I was just reading a (very long) thread on the python-dev mailing
list, about the state of the python development buildbots.
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-October/093293.html)

Atm, none of the python builders (http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/
) run a version of Fedora.

I know we test python releases by building them within koji, but
nevertheless I was wondering if there's some spare capacity within the
Fedora Infrastructure project to run a buildslave.
This may shake out issues before they enter stable python releases and
we bump into them in Fedora.

Since we as Fedora are a large python shop, it might be a nice gesture
to help our upstream out.

Kind regards,

Ruben Kerkhof