introduction

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:53:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 03:08:06PM -0500, pablomar wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> my name is pablo martinez, I've been using fedora at home since version 3
> I'm C/C++ and Java programmer and I did a little of python some years ago (I
> still use it for small things). I've also worked with Oracle and Pro*C
> I want to collaborate as much as I can

Welcome!

We do a fair amount of coding in Fedora Infrastructure creating web
applications for the project.  Most of that work is done in python.  We're
using the TurboGears1 and TurboGears2 frameworks for those.  If you're
interested in that we can help get you started.

If you're more interested in doing some work in C++, there's a few upstream
projects that would definitely benefit Fedora for getting some attention.

For instance, we have been wanting to get a good open source whiteboarding
tool working with Fedora so that we can make mockups, create diagrams, and
make use of other pictorial things during meetings.  Inkscape has the
beginnings of a plugin but it needs someone to work on it to actually make
it actually work.  If you're interested in that, the upstream developers are
quite interested in getting some help and one of the devs is willing to help
get someone up to speed on what needs to be done:

Blog post on getting the whiteboard plugin worked on:
  http://www.advogato.org/person/badger/diary/82.html

The KDE SIG is another Fedora group that is in need of C++ coders.  Right
now we have a good group of KDE packagers but having a few more coders will
let them work more closely on any bugs that occur and also help drive
features upstream.  If you use the KDE desktop, they'd be very happy to hear
from more coders:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE

-Toshio