FWD: [Fedora-freemedia-list] SHA1 vs SHA256...

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 07:40:44 UTC 2009

Can you please help with this?
Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Shepherd <hummdis at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Subject: [Fedora-freemedia-list] SHA1 vs SHA256...
To: fedora-freemedia-list at redhat.com

Is it just me, or are the checksums to verify the Fedora 12 discs
incorrectly listed here on these pages:

https://fedoraproject.org/static/checksums/Fedora-12-i386-CHECKSUM
https://fedoraproject.org/static/checksums/Fedora-12-x86_64-CHECKSUM

The page says that it's SHA1, but my SHA1 looks nothing like those and
the SHA256 matches exactly.  I've verified this on Windows & Fedora
11.

At first I thought I had a bad download, so I downloaded again, only
to find that these are not SHA1 checksums, they're SHA256.

Can anyone else confirm?  Can anyone shed light as to why the page
says SHA1 when it's SHA256?  How do we go about getting this
corrected?

Thanks!
Jeff

--
Jeff Shepherd
hummdis at gmail.com

Scott Adams - "Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am
one, and I actually receive my mail there."

Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up,
it's always a cat."

Regards,
Susmit.