New Subscriber - Introduction

Ashley Biar ash.butters at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:36:14 UTC 2009

Hi All,

My name is Ash and I have just joined the Fedora Infrastructure group.
I've been playing around with Fedora in my spare time (when I could be
bothered :P) since 'Core 6', and only recently have I become more eager to
discover more about the OS.
I built a file server for home on Fedora 10 a while ago, and will be
performing a fresh install of Fedora 12 - once the download finishes.

I have been working as a Unix Administrator for the past 18 months primarily
working with HP-UX and RHEL3, along with IBM and EMC based SAN storage.
I also have some experience with HP Data Protector 5.5. Out backup
infrastructure consists of 2 physical tape libraries and 2 virtual tape
libraries.

I would like to participate in the fedora project in some way, however I'm
not too sure what I can offer - I thought I'd check it out.

Kind Regards,

Ashley Biar.