New deltarpm -- who do I talk to about testing?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:19:51 UTC 2009

I have a new deltarpm package built for the rel-eng repo:

I can put it into the rel-eng repository to update the servers but who
do I talk to about testing it?  We'll also need approval to brakinfra
change freeze to deploy it once it's tested.

Risk:

This update affects creation of deltas between zlib compressed rpms.
That should not affect F-12 except for packages which failed the mass
rebuild and have not been updated since.  It will affect the updates
repository in previous releases where we are generating deltarpms.

Reason:

This update is a security fix.  The previous release bundled a copy of
zlib which had one unfixed vulnerability.  The CVE says that it will
just cause an application crash:
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2005-1849 but the CVE
is also in candidate status which means it hasn't been thoroughly analyzed.

-Toshio