FTF (FedoraTalk FAD) IRC Meeting this TUESDAY @ 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Oct 6 15:59:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 08:42:05 -0700,
  John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes it is today at 3 PM EDT on #fedora-fad

I'll probably miss the meeting, but might make the tail end of it. I'll
be recording it though to review.

> 1) Nail down the package version of Asterisk that we will use at the
> FAD and a canonical place to download it from

And what packages should get installed. I suspect that a lot of them
aren't necessary for this project.

> 2) Confirm the underlying version of the OS we plan to run #1 on
> 3) Suggest that everyone set up and configure a test environment
> running #1 and #2

Some recommendations on the configuration would be nice as well. A lot of
config files are installed by default that aren't needed for a minimal
system and I am not sure if they are all safe to leave as is. So it would
be nice to know which ones are needed and which should get modified.

I also have a question, probably for Jeff. Does dahdi 2.2 work on 2.6.31
kernels? Specically if I rebuild the atrpms dahdi-linux package on F12
is it likely to work? (I don't want to upgrade my last F11 machine to F12
if it is going to break being able to use my normal phones in the house.)