FTF (FedoraTalk FAD) IRC Meeting this TUESDAY @ 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 02:11:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, John Poelstra wrote:

> Bruno Wolff III said the following on 10/06/2009 08:59 AM Pacific Time:
> > On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 08:42:05 -0700,
> >   John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Yes it is today at 3 PM EDT on #fedora-fad
> >
> > I'll probably miss the meeting, but might make the tail end of it. I'll
> > be recording it though to review.
> >
> > > 1) Nail down the package version of Asterisk that we will use at the
> > > FAD and a canonical place to download it from
> >
> > And what packages should get installed. I suspect that a lot of them
> > aren't necessary for this project.
> >
> > > 2) Confirm the underlying version of the OS we plan to run #1 on
> > > 3) Suggest that everyone set up and configure a test environment
> > > running #1 and #2
> >
> > Some recommendations on the configuration would be nice as well. A lot of
> > config files are installed by default that aren't needed for a minimal
> > system and I am not sure if they are all safe to leave as is. So it would
> > be nice to know which ones are needed and which should get modified.
> >

> Should we be thinking then in terms of an SOP documenting the configuration
> and building Asterisk or is this done implicitly with puppet?

Generally the SOP is for maintenance and common problems, you wouldn't put
one together for installation.  The "installation" part of it is all done
in puppet.

> McGrath--are there examples for other applications we could follow when doing
> this for Asterisk?

Hmm.  I'd guess any application based SOP would be a good start.  The
transifex one is good:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Translations_Infrastructure_SOP

I'd guess just remember the SOP is targeted towards the Infrastructure
group and possibly some involved indirectly with Infrastructure (Like the
content hosting SOP)

I know we're going to be looking to add things like recording (which we
have now but is too complicated to use) and the webcasting stuff.  Any end
user docs should be added to the http://talk.fedoraproject.org/ site where
it can be properly translated, etc.