Mass update to RHEL-5.4

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:40:05 UTC 2009

Since the last mass update, we have had RHEL-5.4 and a bunch of
security updates come out... so its time to do another mass update
before the Fedora-12 freeze.

Here is an updated list of systems and in the order they should be
updated. Due to updates in xen we should update the xen servers also.

 1) Check with releng that a system is in their critical path.
 2) Update/rebuild system puppet1 is FIRST (eg puppets xen hardware, other
    xen guests)
 3) Update/rebuild database servers NEXT so logins etc work
 4) Do non-local systems Next.

----------------------------------
List of systems to be updated in order of updates.

xen14: app1
xen14: bapp1
xen14: cvs1
xen14: fas2
xen14: puppet1
xen14

--------------------------------

bu1:    people1

ibiblio1: app5
ibiblio1: backup2
ibiblio1: ns2
ibiblio1: proxy4
ibiblio1: publictest1
ibiblio1: publictest2
ibiblio1: publictest3
ibiblio1: torrent1
ibiblio1

osuosl1: publictest6
osuosl1: publictest7
osuosl1: publictest8
osuosl1

serverbeach2: asterisk1
serverbeach2: collab1
serverbeach2: ns1
serverbeach2
serverbeach3: asterisk2
serverbeach3: collab2
serverbeach3
serverbeach4: hosted1
serverbeach5: hosted2

telia1: app6
telia1: noc2
telia1: proxy5
telia1: publictest14
telia1: publictest15
telia1: publictest16
telia1: smtp-mm1

tummy1: proxy3
tummy1: publictest10

--------------------------------

xen6: app7
xen6

xen10: log1
xen10: memcached2
xen10

xen9: sync1
xen9: app2.stg
xen9: db1.stg
xen9: memcached1
xen9: app2
xen9: proxy1.stg
xen9

[CONFIRM APP2 IS UP AND RUNNING BEFORE GOING ON]

--------------------------------

[Confirm INDIVIDUALLY with RELENG on CVS, ENG boxes]
[CONFIRM WITH QA ON QA boxes]

xen3: app4
xen3: cvs1.stg
xen3: fas1.stg