fp.o content via IPv6

Daniel Drown dan-fedora-i at drown.org
Wed Sep 9 21:55:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:
> ipv6 has caused a lot of problems for certain people, very non-obvious,
> takes several hours to fix problems.  I wonder if there's anything more we
> can do on our end.

One not-very-elegent change that could be made on the webservers is to limit
their maximum MTU when using IPv6.  This would work around clients on tunnels
tunnels configured with the wrong mtu, as they would never send a packet large
enough to be dropped.  Downside being, it's more packets (less efficient), and
an odd configuration (surprise the next network admin).