Developers and sysadmins: Config settings in wsgi scripts

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:48:58 UTC 2009

On 09/22/2009 05:27 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:

> We might want to send these suggestions to upstream docs
> as well, certainly their example page :: cough cough :: :)

Do you remember where you got the examples from?

> Toshio, can you think of any reason putting variables like this in the
> wsgi script to be a good thing?

If it's configurable and you already have a config file then putting
everything into the config file is how I'd design an app.  it might be
good to use as a teaching tool: you don't want to tell someone to edit
their config file with X, then edit their wsgi file with Y so you put it
all in a single file but then I'd make a prominent note in the
documentation that using the config file is the way to go when the app
has been tested and needs to be deployed.

-Toshio