yslow website stats

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 01:13:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:42:35AM -0800, Darren VanBuren wrote:
> On the matter of Expires, here's what would need to be added to an
> Apache config, assuming static stuff is in /srv/web/static:
>
> <Directory /srv/web/static>
> ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
> ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
> ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
> ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 month"
> </Directory>
>
> Of course we can tweak the times, I just made up 1 month.

Is this how Expires work? ::

  * Client requests fp.o/static/fedora.css
  * Client receives fedora.css with an Expires line of 1 month
  * For the next month, the client does not retrieve new versions of
    fedora.css.

If so, we're either going to want to keep the Expires time pretty low (an
hour or less) or start adding version information into all of our static
resources.

-Toshio