ConVirt Package

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 02:46:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:37:25PM -0800, jd wrote:
> Sorry Karsten,
>
> I think I misread the the section that talks about setuptools/pythoneggs on the following page.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python
>
> Just to confirm, this section is talking about "if you have python
> egg style installation, you should do the following". right ?

What I'm seeing is a mix of 'must' and 'should' directives.  The
'must' directives are not optional; the 'should' directives are
optional but require an explanation if you do not follow the
directive.  A 'can' directive is a fully optional and does not require
an explanation/justification.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python#setuptools.2Feggs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python/Eggs

Does that help?