ISV Summit

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 31 19:15:43 UTC 2008

It hadn't occurred to me to specifically invite everyone here to the
Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) on 8 - 10 January in
Boston.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConF11

One use we have for FUDCon is to meet and work on ISV-specific issues
in a mini-ISV summit.  It's also a great chance to meet some of the
people across the rest of the project who can help you.

I'm presuming anyone who isn't already planning on coming will not be
there, but Lee just put a bug in my ear about the ISV summit idea,
some possibilities are:

* FUDCon 11 in January
  - Great time to get ready for Fedora 11 plans
* Virtual summit
  - Fedora Talk conference room (VoIP)
  - Gobby for shared document work, IRC for chat
  - Let's us get plans in place for Fedora 11 while there is still
  time
* Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld in the Summer
  - Many of folks may be there already
  - Chance to attract even more contributors/collaborators
  - Beyond F11, good for F12 planning

Many folks are focusing on Fedora 10 and 11 because we can see there
is a horizon coming for RHEL 6.  This is one reason to put some
urgency in getting packages in to the Fedora 11 cycle for maximum
impact[1].

Have a Happy New Year,

- Karsten

[1] For refreshers on why it matters: