dependencies page

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 19:42:10 UTC 2008

Matthew Dahlman wrote:
> Rather than create a second page for JasperServer, I created a page
> intended to list all of the JAR files we need. This way we can note where
> multiple projects use overlapping JARs.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Java_JAR_dependencies

I could give you (not next week, I will be travelling) the ones we need
for JBoss AS too.  However, my database does not have versions in the
jar names, they are in a separate column.

Also, I noticed that 1/2 of the things you list as not in Jpackage are
in JPackage 5.0 (the WIP new release).

For instance, activation is  JAF, any "jaf" package will have it.  Same
for mail.jar

The Spring 2.x is the spring2 package.

jsf, jstl, are there, from glassfish-*

I am sure we have a full antlr as JBoss AS uses it.  AXIS is also
complete.  It may be a difference in the name of the JARs

W.r.t. wsdl4j, xerces and xalan these are just versions mismatches.  I'd
strongly recommend that JasperSoft would spend the time necessary to
update these components as they are using very ancient versions and this
makes maintainability very difficult (these communities don't have these
under their radar for quite some time).

I think I will find a way to create a page for JPackage with a JAR to
package mapping, and with a version column.  I have to ask our host to
create a database instance for me.  (note: unversioned JAR file names
seems to be the more current practice, Sun likes it and it is compatible
with maven, so I will list them that way).

Regards to all.  See you in one week.

Fernando