[Fwd: Testing the Current Upstream Kernel]

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 16:37:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 06:28:14PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

 > On 16.08.2007 16:31, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
 > > On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 15:17 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
 > >> did you guys see this discussion on LKML? Should we build the vanilla
 > >> kernel (¹)  by default during our build process and put it in some
 > >> special repo maybe (or even in the main repo?)?
 > >
 > > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1742374580386548257
 > >
 > > "...we do readily accept bug reports against the latest Fedora
 >       ^^
 > > kernel..."
 > >   --Andrew Morton (0:54:38 in the above video)
 > >
 > > This is probably in reference to Rawhide though,
 >
 > Well, I suppose at least some kernel developers might not agree with
 > that/might not feel as part of the "we" and will ask people to test a
 > vanilla kernel. So I'd say having them in some repo/rawhide would be nice.

The work that Jarod did to get vanilla builds possible was the only
real major thing holding us back from doing this, now the only remaining
piece of the puzzle is where do kernel-vanilla packages belong?
Once we have that figured out, regular builds and pushes are a breeze.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk