[Fwd: Testing the Current Upstream Kernel]

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 20:41:45 UTC 2007

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 06:59:29PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>=20
>  >  * in the proper repo
>=20
> Hmm. This would be great, but I think we may get some pushback on this
> one. (Especially as kernel rpms are so big).
>=20
> I'm thinking that a repo on people.fedoraproject.org is probably
> the best of the bunch.

I kinda like 'in the proper repo' myself, but I'd have to agree a
separate repo is probably best.

>  > Maybe we should just try on rawhide first and look if many of such b=
ugs
>  > show up?
>  >=20
>  > > Once we have that figured out, regular builds and pushes are a bre=
eze.
>  >=20
>  > Should we move this discussion to fedora-devel instead, so everyone =
can
>  > participate?
> =20
> I think most of the concerned parties (rel-eng, infrastructure etc) are=

> represented on this list already. but I've no objection.

Note that we can't currently build kernel and kernel-vanilla in the same
rpmbuild pass. Further changes to the spec would be needed to make that
doable, but if they aren't going in the official repo, perhaps we don't
want to do that anyway.

--=20
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com