Kernel rpm versioning changes

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 21:34:48 UTC 2007

Roland McGrath wrote:
>> I presume you're referring to the likes of say kernel 2.6.21-gitX, which
>> was post-2.6.21, but pre-2.6.22-rc1? Crap. Hadn't thought about that
>> case. Okay, will have to do some further twiddling to cover that case...
>
> Yes, that's what I meant.  Faking it as "rc0" might be the easiest thing to
> keep the scheme's release numbers increasing.

It winds up being a touch out of phase with reality, since 2.6.21-git1
ends up being called 2.6.22-rc0-git1, but the updated attached patch
does account for this case now in that fashion. If we call it anything
else, its out of N-V-R order. Ughlay, but still much closer than we've
been, and outside of that window, it should be spot-on to see what
exactly we're packaging.

Oh, and this version does result in a fully-completed rpm build (also
has the kernel-vanilla fix).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com