2.6.22 rebase.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 00:53:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:07:05AM +1000, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
 > Hi.
 >
 > On Wednesday 11 July 2007 07:34:10 Dave Jones wrote:
 > > On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:48:57PM +0200, dragoran wrote:
 > >
 > >  > * Some of the experimental bits (like tickless), I've left enabled
 > >  > >   right now.  Depending on how things look from the first round
 > >  > >   of testing will decide whether we keep it on for release.
 > >  >
 > >  >
 > >  > what about the x86_64 hpet issue? (or is x86_64 tickless not included
 > yet?)
 >
 > No, it's not in vanilla yet, and we don't have the patch in our tree.

actually x86-64 tickless has been in rawhide about 2 weeks, and is now
in this rebase for FC6/F7.  Whether we roll with it for a proper update
depends on how it fares during it's trial in updates-testing.
So far the forced-hpet part was the only bit that's caused trouble
afaics, so with that disabled, it should be (hopefully) boring.

Also, Thomas is usually really on the ball at fixing up silly stuff, so
if the initial cut doesn't look so good, it shouldn't be too long before
we can get it back into peoples hands.

 > FWIW, I'm running x86_64 tickless. I had some initial issues with hibernating
 > and suspending, but worked them through with Thomas. It shouldn't cause any
 > issues on that front if/when it does go in.

Once this is out there, and the worse of the fallout has been dealt with
we really should try and organise some concerted effort to getting
suspend/resume regressions under control, because since FC5, we've more
or less just ignored those bugs due to being buried in other stuff.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk