cpuspeed und cpuidle (was: Re: 2.6.22 rebase.)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jul 11 16:26:26 UTC 2007

On 10.07.2007 18:47, Dave Jones wrote:
> Last night/this morning, I've rebased FC6 and F7 CVS to 2.6.22
> There are a few things worth mentioning.
> [...]
> * There's a bunch of 'new bits' scheduled for .23 that we had in
>   rawhide at the time of rebase that I feel are "ready", and make
>   for nice bonus goodies.  So there's CFS and cpuidle in there too
>   for good measure.

Cpuspeed afaics needs an adjustment if cpuidle stays:

$ LC_ALL=C sudo /etc/init.d/cpuspeed restart
Disabling ondemand cpu frequency scaling: /etc/init.d/cpuspeed: line 212: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/cpufreq/scaling_governor: No such file or directory
/etc/init.d/cpuspeed: line 213: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed: No such file or directory
                                                           [  OK  ]
/etc/init.d/cpuspeed: line 62: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/cpufreq/scaling_governor: No such file or directory
Enabling ondemand cpu frequency scaling:                   [  OK  ]
$ uname -r
2.6.22-2.fc7
$ rpm -q fedora-release
fedora-release-7-3