/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/modules.* [was Re: Who decides what drivers go on the install disk?]

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 18:12:28 UTC 2007

> Jeremy Katz (katzj at redhat.com) said:
> > > If
> > > it's done at runtime, you can handle whatever kernel you happen to get,
> > > even if it's not one of ours.
> >
> > There are plenty of constraints we have around kernel configuration.
> > Asking for a file to be shipped with the kernel which tells us a little
> > bit about what modules were configured just doesn't seem that out there
>
> In that case, I strongly suggest combining the libata and scsi lists into
> a single list for block devices - I doubt the 1M savings on the livecd is
> really worth splitting hairs here.

Depends on how many copies of the qlogic driver there are ;-)
Especially since we'll have to be pulling in firmware, etc eventually.

I mean, I guess I can just do manual twiddling to rule out things that
aren't under drivers/ata with the livecd.  I'm not _that_ tied to having
the two separated out if that's the real kicker here

Jeremy