fedora kernel utrace updates

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 21:40:50 UTC 2007

> 'quilt snapshot' can be used to make combined patches, but I prefer

Ah, you mean "quilt pop -a && quilt snapshot && quilt push -a" and then
"quilt diff --snapshot".  I hadn't noticed that.

> the separate patches anyway. For FC6 I'd prefer to do the commits;
> if you'd notify us when you make a change that would help.

Right now the backport series have some fixes not in update kernels.  I
haven't done very exhaustive testing after the fresh backport work, so
there might be some regression there and I wouldn't push those before I get
some folks to do more testing.  If you aren't pushing an update real soon
anyway, now would be a good time to commit and do some unreleased builds I
can have people test.

I am still working on some known bugs, and so there will be more updates
some time soon.  I'll let you know when all the pending issues are settled,
but if you do updates before then the current code is probably better than
status quo already.

Thanks,
Roland