Longing for git-bisect

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 06:55:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:54:02PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
 > I used to have some spec file hacks for conditionally building vanilla
 > upstream, or upstream + another git branch, kernels in Fedora rpms.
 > (I made vanilla and vanilla+utrace rpms like this for a while.)
 > davej never wanted the conditional spec bits in cvs, so I let it wither
 > after a while.

I toyed with the idea a few times.  It might actually make sense to do something
like this.  There's probably always a handful of patches that you'll want
from the Fedora kernel (things like the make nonintoldconfig thing for eg)
but it could be worthwhile.
I've chatted with Andrew Morton a number of times, and he's also wondered
why we don't do it, and I don't really have a good answer.

Meh, lets do it.  If we can hook it somehow so that when I do
a 'make build' for the rawhide kernel, a vanilla also pops out,
all the better.       (Though build times for the kernel are getting _crazy_)

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk