Chance of dynamic loading of alternate AML code getting in?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 17:50:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 07:53:00PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > AFAIK ubuntu includes a patch to allow dynamic loading of alternate AML code
 > dumps, to work around bios ACPI bugs. I know BIOS's and the kernel ACPI code
 > are getting betterm but for some laptops this is needed, any chance this could
 > be included into the Fedora kernel?
 >
 > Also any chance of getting this included upstream?

The Intel ACPI maintainers are really against including that patch,
and express dismay that other vendors that do include it.
>From conversation I've had with LenB, he's pretty happy that we don't
include it.  Keeping the upstream maintainers happy so that they're
interested in looking at our bugs is far more useful in the long run imo.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk