Qlogic firmware isn't in the FC7 kernel

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 21:04:52 UTC 2007

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> Apparently the qlogic drivers don't have any firmware included in FC7,
> so nobody can actually use a qlogic adapter. Should we be patching the
> kernel like in FC6 or do we need a separate package? Or maybe the
> firmware goes in the kernel package?

I personally prefer for it to go into an external package that we ask
Andrew Vasquez at Qlogic to maintain post-merge, but for now I think it
belongs in the kernel package proper. Dave?

> Peter says the support for Anaconda / mkinitrd to load the firmware
> is already written, so we could do it either way.

Yeah. I've been a complete ass and misunderstood how some of the
firmware loading implementation works - just went and looked at this
code too, can see it's all already in there actually (in nash).

Jon.