uswsusp with Fedora default kernel?

Nigel Cunningham ncunning at redhat.com
Tue May 8 22:38:16 UTC 2007

Hi.

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 23:13 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just a question, whether somebody made uswsusp working with
> Fedora Core 6? Old kernel is unacceptably slow for me, and I need
> ndiswrapper so kernel-suspend2 package is not an option, because
> I would have to recompile the driver all the time. uwsusp being
> in mainline kernel seems to be the only option, but apparently
> uswsusp is not packaged for Fedora Core 6 -- of course, I could
> package the program myself, but I am afraid of fiddling with
> mkinitrd, which in Fedora seems to be extremely unflexible (or
> may be I got it wrong).
>
> Are there packages available somewhere where I haven't found them
> yet, or could at least somebody point me please to some HOWTO on
> changing mkinitrd (what should I do to make uswsusp work, and how
> to made it into package)? And of course there are issues with
> SELinux as well.
>
> I have made experimental package available on
> http://matej.ceplovi.cz/progs/rpms/suspend-0.50.20070328-6.3.1.src.rpm
> (binary RPMs and .spec file are available in the same place), but
> they don't work for me (because of SELinux, and because I haven't
> modified mkinitrd).
>
> Thanks for any hint,
>
> Matěj Cepl

I'm not sure about uswsusp packaging either. Come to that, I'm not sure
about packaging of that suspend to ram tool (s2ram?).

I should also ask, why would you have to recompile the driver all the
time for a kernel-suspend2 package? http://mhensler.de/swsusp/ provides
FC6 Suspend2 RPMS.

Regards,

Nigel