IRC.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 15:35:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 04:23:57PM +0100, Christopher Brown wrote:
 > On 21/09/2007, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
 > >
 > > I've created a #fedora-kernel channel on freenode in response
 > > to the large number of /msg's I continue to get which really
 > > should be going to a wider audience.
 > >
 > > I expect it to be low-traffic, but it may be a worthwhile experiment
 > > to see if it helps any for triage, coordination etc.
 >
 > Is there any value is punting out a message to fedora-test to get more
 > people on the case with triaging?

Yeah, can't hurt.

 > I'm getting to the point now where bugs
 > aren't so old any more therefore people remember why they filed, can still
 > replicate the bug so the process rate is slowing somewhat. When you say /msg
 > do you mean people in IRC or bugzilla emails about bug status changes.

People.

 > Is it worth setting up a bugzilla monitor to show status changes to kernel bugs?

There's always #fedorabot (though that shows bug changes to all packages).
Perhaps we could get whoever controls it to join #fedora-kernel too if
it can be trained to only talk about kernel bugs, though I'm not sure
if it'll be annoying or not. Opinions?

 > Also, is it worth setting mailman to change the reply-to address so it goes
 > to the list rather than the poster a-la -devel and -test?

I try to stay out of that argument as much as possible, as it seems
have vocal proponents/opponents on both sides, and tbh, I don't think
there's a way that'll please everyone.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk