Fedora 6/7 kernel update plans

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 21 17:34:21 UTC 2007

On 21.09.2007 19:11, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> Fedora 6: leave on 2.6.22 until end-of-life
> There are so many workarounds and backwards-compatibility
> issues in there that it just doesn't seem worthwhile to
> upgrade.

+1

> Fedora 7: update to 2.6.23 after Fedora 8 is released
>
> May as well update, the issues aren't nearly so great and
> users will probably want the latest kernel.

Just wondering: Why wait for F8? Seems 2.6.23 is 1-10 days away. So it
we quickly ship it in updates-testing (and updates proper maybe a week
or two after if not to many bugs show up there) for F7 we might hit and
fix some more kernel bugs in F7-testing/F7 and get those fixes into the
F8 kernel as well, which results in a better kernel for both F7 and F8.

CU
knurd