kernel posttrans and preun hooks for other packages

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Feb 22 05:48:31 UTC 2008

On 21.02.2008 21:13, Matt Domsch wrote:
> If running all of /etc/kernel/postinst.d/ is so scary, I'm ok with
> new-kernel-pkg explicitly doing
>
> [ -x /etc/kernel/postinst.d/dkms ] && /etc/kernel/postinst.d/dkms $kernelver /boot/vmlinuz-$kernelver

FYI, livna's akmods stuff (a simple script that compiles kmod srpms and
install them; it's in the devel repo currently only) could benefit from
something like this as well. Currently akmodsd watches rpmdb, /boot and
/usr/src/kernels using inotifywatch and starts to build kmods using
rpmbuild when new kernel and kernel-devel packages got installed and the
rpmdb was closed. The latter is needed -- otherwise akomdsd would not be
able to install the newly build kmod rpm.

CU
knurd